Key strengths in a full range of communications, including: public relations, print (feature articles for international and UK publications) and broadcast, social media and writing documents such as annual reports and investor documents including business plans, private placing memorandum, etc.
Articles and journalism
Contributor to range of publications including Partnerships Bulletin, African Business, African Banker, New African, The Africa Report, Africa investor, Global, Forbes Africa, Royal Africa Society blog, Economist Intelligence Unit, InterPressService, Mail & Guardian, Emerging Markets and others.
Analysis and books
Research and writing:
- Editing and other on reports for Africa Progress Panel including Lights, Power, Action: Electrifying Africa
- Study on forex in Africa for Exchange Data International and Travelex
- Chapters on i) economy, ii) capital markets, iii) banking and iv) insurance for Kenya reports published by Oxford Business Group
- Analysis of Arab Spring for stockbroker African Alliance
- Factsheets for Unicef
- United Nations Development Programme strategic 5-year plan for United Nations (UN Development Assistance Framework in Ethiopia) plus follow-up consultancy
- Annual Report for UN World Food Programme in Ethiopia.
- Editor of reports and papers for Economic Commission for Africa (United Nations)
Training and educational materials
Africa editions of the International Introduction to Securities and Investment and Global Securities workbooks for the London-based Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (www.cisi.org) and other training materials including guide to bond markets of West Africa UMOA region.
www.africancapitalmarketsnews.com – news and developments in Africa’s securities exchanges, post trading, banking, private equity, impact investment, infrastructure and more
Promote books, publications and organizations such as Learn Amharic UK and Friends of Namibia through social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc). Own twitter @africancapital has 4,200 followers.
Annual reports, business plans, bank documents, private placing memorandum and other documents for a range of clients.
Conferences and events
Speaker, session moderator or MC at:
- The Network Forum (Cape Town)
- BRVM Investment Days Roadshows (New York, Johannesburg)
- Pensions and Alternative Investments Africa
- The Global Africa Investment Summit
- Africa Securities Exchanges Association (many years), MC for 2 day Building African Financial Markets seminar
- Africa PPP
- Africa Debt Capital Markets
- London Business School Africa
- Africa investor
- Securities Africa
- Social Business workshop at Saïd Business School
- Impact investing panel Opal European Family Office Forum
OECD Taskforce for MENA stock exchanges on corporate governance