We deliver successful projects to meet clients’ needs and expectations.
Capital markets advisory
Clients include securities exchanges, regulators, central banks and international consultancy companies and donor agencies on capital-markets development projects. We built a reputation for skills in project delivery and bringing together stakeholders for strategic change, and we have been a successful team leader and coordinator on several key projects.
Investors (domestic and international) are keen to invest into Africa’s growth story. African business, governments and infrastructure projects need to attract tens of billions of dollars of investment. Are the capital markets stepping up to the challenge of contributing to development? AGP helps exchanges, regulators, institutions, private equity and others to develop strategies, skills and systems, we also help companies to raise capital and increase transparency and investor information.
Projects – capital markets:
- Institutional capacity assessment for Capital Markets Authority (regulator) in Uganda, funded by FSD Africa.
- Study of Enterprise Growth Market of Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange, funded by FSDT Tanzania.
- Capital Markets Modernization Programme (CMMP) in Azerbaijan, working for State Commission for Securities (regulator), part of Corporate Solutions team.
- Business plans for the securities exchanges in Committee of SADC Stock Exchanges (CoSSE), including Botswana, Dar es Salaam, Johannesburg, Lusaka, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Seychelles, Swaziland and Zimbabwe stock exchanges. The project was to create priority business plans for cooperation projects, funded by Finmark Trust.
- Demutualization strategy for Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange, working for National Demutualization Committee coordinated by Bank of Tanzania, on contract to agency CAPMEX the Capital Markets Experts, Austria.
Strategy, governance and organizational development
Consultancy services in strategy for growth small and medium enterprises, including raising capital, turnaround, business efficiency and management. Our main clients have been small and medium enterprises and we have also acted with venture capital and investment holding companies both in making investments and in managing their portfolio companies. Clients we have advised include People Tree Fair Trade Group (UK and Japan), Adam Horticulture (Ethiopia), Zemen Bank (Ethiopia), Access Capital (Ethiopia), Mubasen Film & Video (Namibia), Global Tamil Media Network (UK), and Learn Amharic (UK). This has included taking shares in Mubasen (still 40% owner), Access Capital (exited) and People Tree Fair Trade Group. Our work has included turnaround strategies, organizational growth and strategic development, capital raising and building long-term investor relations.
Governance specialist with expertise as Company Secretary (People Tree) and non-executive director (NamibRe).
Our speciality is to empower the entrepreneur, helping her/him understand and apply the tools to profitability and positive cashflow and how to set strategies and achieve them. Marketing is by referral.